Intern With Us
Join the #3 Tech & Engineering internship in the country
Exelaration assembles diverse teams of student software engineers under the mentorship of senior technologists. Our interns work part-time at the Exelaration Center providing remote software development and support to clients in the federal, commercial, and non-profit sectors. Intern teams develop software and growing their skills in C#, .NET, Java, Python, and Ruby. They also learn database skills, Agile software development practices, and test-driven development principles, in addition to professional business habits.
Our 2021 Vault.com rankings
Each year, Exelaration interns and alumni provide feedback through Vault.com‘s annual surveys based on their experiences in categories such as work/life balance, diversity, mentoring, compensation, and more. In 2021, Exelaration was ranked the:
- #2 Best Internships for Training & Mentoring
- #3 Best Internships for Software Development
- #3 Best Tech & Engineering Internships
- #4 Best Internships for Diversity
- #4 Best Internships for Quality of Life
- #5 Best Internships for Overall Career Development
- #7 100 Best Internship Overall
- #7 Best Internships for Real-Life Experience
To be eligible for an internship with Exelaration, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be within proximity of our current Exelaration Center in Blacksburg, VA
- Maintain enrollment and a 3.0 or higher GPA at a university
- Have no more than 15 credit hours of coursework
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours per week
What do you get in return? The Exelaration Center offers paid working experience on real client projects under the mentorship of friendly veteran developers. We have a 100% track record for ensuring our interns have guaranteed employment before they even graduate. Plus, you can confidently join the workforce with years of authentic developer experience under your belt. Check out reviews from our alumni at Vault.com.
Applications will open in Spring 2020. Please check back.