Intern With Us
Join the #3 Tech & Engineering Internship in the Country
Exelaration assembles diverse teams of undergraduate software engineers to complete real client projects under the guidance of expert technologists. Interns work part-time at the Exelaration Center in Blacksburg, VA, providing remote software development support to clients in the federal, commercial, and non-profit sectors. Intern teams develop software and grow their skills programming languages like C#, .NET, Java, Python, and Ruby. They also learn database skills, Agile software development practices, test-driven development principles, and professional workplace habits.
Our 2021 Vault.com rankings
Each year, Exelaration interns and alumni provide feedback through Vault.com‘s annual survey based on their experiences in categories such as work/life balance, diversity, mentoring, compensation, and more. In 2021, Exelaration was ranked the:
- #2 Best Internship for Training & Mentoring
- #3 Best Internship for Software Development
- #3 Best Tech & Engineering Internship
- #4 Best Internship for Diversity
- #4 Best Internship for Quality of Life
- #5 Best Internship for Overall Career Development
- #7 100 Best Internship Overall
- #7 Best Internship for Real-Life Experience
To be eligible for an internship with Exelaration, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be able to commute to our current Exelaration Center in Blacksburg, VA
- Maintain enrollment and a 3.0 or higher GPA at a university
- Have no more than 15 credit hours of coursework
- Commit a minimum of 10 hours per week
What do you get in return? Exelaration offers paid working experience on real client projects under the mentorship of friendly professional developers. We have a 100% track record for ensuring interns have guaranteed employment before they even graduate. Plus, you can confidently join the workforce with years of authentic developer experience under your belt. Check out reviews from our alumni at Vault.com.
Applications are closed until fall 2021. Please check back soon.
“This experience has prepared me the best for my career; it’s a real job and more valuable than my schoolwork. Exelaration is the perfect bridge from college to the real world: real job, real clients, real problems. It’s is a great opportunity to put these skills to the test with an actual client.”
– Tate Wilhelm, Exelaration Student Team Member