The Perfect Supplement to Your Undergraduate Education
Join the #2 Tech Internship in the U.S.
Each summer, Exelaration interns validate and enhance their classroom learning by working for 12-weeks at an Exelaration Center near their campus. These diverse teams build quality software solutions for myriad businesses under the guidance of expert technologists. Cement your programming knowledge by putting what you’re learning to work!
All Exelaration learners are paid to work on real client projects under the mentorship of friendly professional developers. As teams, our learners develop software and grow their skills programming languages like C#, .NET, Java, Python, and Ruby. They also learn database skills, Agile software development practices, test-driven development principles, and professional workplace habits. Upon completion of the program, Exelaration alumni can confidently enter the tech workforce with authentic developer experience.
To be eligible for an internship with Exelaration, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be enrolled in a technical program at a community college or university
- Have successfully completed at least one college-level course covering software development fundamentals
- Be able to commute to an Exelaration Center in Blacksburg, VA, or Raleigh, NC
- Maintain a 3.0 or higher GPA
- Be available to work full-time for 12 weeks between May and August of the internship year
Our 2022 Firsthand rankings
Each year, Exelaration learners provide feedback based on their experiences in categories such as work/life balance, diversity, mentoring, compensation, and more. In 2022, Exelaration was ranked the:
- #2 Best Tech & Engineering Internship
- #3 Best Internships for Training & Mentoring
- #4 Best Internships for Software Engineering & Development
- #6 for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- #9 Best Internship for Real Life Experience
- #16 Internship Overall
Nu is a junior at Virginia Tech pursuing a degree in business information technology with a concentration in cybersecurity management and analytics. She joined Exelaration due to its reputation for mentorship and hands-on development experience. As a service and people-oriented person, Nu is excited to work with a team to deliver valuable products to clients.
“Working at Exelaration is one of the best things I’ve done to further my professional development. Its stellar reputation for mentorship and training definitely holds true. I came in with little coding experience and have already seen so much growth in my technical skills. What makes working here so enjoyable is the student-friendly environment at the office.”
This experience has prepared me the best for my career; it’s a real job and more valuable than my schoolwork. Exelaration is the perfect bridge from college to the real world: real job, real clients, real problems. It’s is a great opportunity to put these skills to the test with an actual client.