Jumpstart Your Engineering Experience
Tech Experience for Everyone
Exelaration apprentices are career changers, veterans, retirees, parents, young adults, and more. Anybody can be an apprentice as long as they have a demonstrated passion for technology, an understanding of development fundamentals, and the ability to work as a team. Like our co-ops, apprentices work full-time to create real software solutions and gain valuable experience in the tech workforce. The key difference is that they do not need to be actively enrolled in a university program.
All Exelaration learners are paid to work on real client projects under the mentorship of friendly professional developers. As teams, our learners develop software and grow their skills programming languages like C#, .NET, Java, Python, and Ruby. They also learn database skills, Agile software development practices, test-driven development principles, and professional workplace habits. Upon completion of the program, Exelaration alumni can confidently enter the tech workforce with authentic developer experience.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship with Exelaration, you must:
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be flexible to work in a hybrid remote and on-site environment at an Exelaration Center
- Have some previous training in software development fundamentals whether that is self-taught, a boot camp, or classroom instruction
- Be available full-time for a minimum of 20 weeks
Applications will open Spring 2023.
Our 2022 Firsthand rankings
Each year, Exelaration learners provide feedback based on their experiences in categories such as work/life balance, diversity, mentoring, compensation, and more. In 2022, Exelaration was ranked the:
- #2 Best Tech & Engineering Internship
- #3 Best Internships for Training & Mentoring
- #4 Best Internships for Software Engineering & Development
- #6 for Racial and Ethnic Diversity
- #9 Best Internship for Real Life Experience
- #16 Internship Overall
See our full rankings on Firsthand.
“This experience has prepared me the best for my career; it’s a real job and more valuable than my schoolwork. Exelaration is the perfect bridge from college to the real world: real job, real clients, real problems. It’s is a great opportunity to put these skills to the test with an actual client.”
– Tate Wilhelm, Exelaration Student Team Member